Symposium and lecture to celebrate the publication of the book
Art and Culture as Therapy:
Icelandic Museums and Alzheimer
Lecture 19th September 2017 in Salurinn Kópavogur at kl. 20:00
Francesca Rosenberg Director of Community, Access and School Programs at The Museum of Modern Art, New York gives a lecture on their program ‘Meet me at MoMA’
Symposium 20 September 2017 from 13:00 – 17:00
Reykjavík town hall, Tjarnarsalur from 13:00-15:00 and National Gallery of Iceland from 15:00-17:00.
• Francesca Rosenberg, Director of Community, Access and School Programs at MoMA, New York
• Jón Snædal, Director of the Dementia Unit, National Hospital Iceland.
• Carmen Antúnez Almagro, Director at the Dementia Unit, Hospital Virgen de la Arrixaca in Murcia Spain
• Javier Sánchez Merina, professor at the Architecture School, University of Alicante.
• Sigurjón Baldur Hafsteinsson, professor of Museum Studies, University of Iceland.
• Halldóra Arnardóttir, PhD Art Historian and co-director of the project and, the editor of the book.
At the National Gallery we will work directly with "ways of seeing" through the arts, literature, architecture and music.
Reserve the days, we look forward to seeing you !